- Enhances Immune System Function
- Maintains a Healthy Gut-Immune Barrier
- Maintains Normal Inflammatory Balance
- Supports Digestion and Micronutrient Absorption
- Maintains Gastrointestinal Health
Going beyond the threshold of traditional probiotic support, high-dose probiotics influence gut health and immunity in ways lower-dose probiotics cannot. Shown to activate over 1,700 genes involved in immune and inflammatory signaling, high-dose probiotics improve immune function, maintain a healthy gut-immune barrier, and maintain normal inflammatory balance. Each Ortho Biotic 100 capsule provides six proven probiotic strains chosen for their ability to survive the harsh GI environment to deliver superior results.
1 capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14)
Lactobacillus acidophilus is a beneficial bacteria strain that is normally found in the intestinal tract and mouth, and is commercially used in dairy products for the production of acidophilus-type yogurt. L. acidophilus ferments various carbohydrates to produce lactic acid, which increases the absorption and bioavailability of minerals, including calcium, copper, magnesium and manganese.
Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37)
Lactobacillus paracasei has been shown to protect against the harmful effects of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus. L. paracasei colonizes the intestinal tract by reinforcing defense mechanisms that support an immune response.
Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-02)
Bifidobacterium bifidum has been shown to effectively compete with harmful bacteria such as E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Campylobacter jejuni.
Bifidobacterium lactis (BI-04)
Bifidobacterium lactis is predominantly found in the colon. A double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trial on subjects receiving B. lactis or placebo for eight weeks found that B. lactis supported a balanced immune response in individuals hypersensitive to environmental allergens.
Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115)
Lactobacillus plantarum is beneficial bacteria commonly found in fermented foods including sauerkraut, pickles, brined olives and sourdough. L. plantarumhas been found to compete against strains of Clostridium difficile and Clostridium perfringens, due to the production of bacteriocins (lethal proteins) that inhibit bacterial growth.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32)
Lactobacillus rhamnosus has been proven to have remarkable survivability in the acid and bile environments in the GI tract.
What Makes this DIFFERENT?
- Broad spectrum, yet specific. This is a product based on the latest research that through exposure of dendritic immune cells, high dose probiotics are able influence the expression of 1,700 different genes responsible for rebuilding the mucosal lining of the gut, modulating inflammation, and building up the immune system.
- Capsule VS powder. This provides a couple advantages: A) Compliance - People tend to like to take capsules. Typically if the product requires mixing or digging out of the refrigerator compliance goes down, and we can't benefit on something we don't use. B) Protection. We use a technology called BioSheild, which means that the capsule is only going to release the probiotic organisms when it reaches a specific PH in the small intestine.
- Cost. Ortho Biotic 100 is 5X the potency of other probiotics at less than double the price since each capsule contains 100 billion organisms!
For anyone with leaky gut, food allergies, or a compromised immune system, we’d recommend using OB 100 short term (1-3mo.) and then transitioning back to a great maintenance probiotic.
ALSO, check out this product in our:
GUT HEALING BUNDLE - PROTOCOL #1 (FOR THOSE WITH A HISTORY OF CANCER OR GLUTAMATE ISSUES) - YOU RECEIVE ALL 5 PRODUCTS IN THIS BUNDLE GIVING YOU A 10% SAVINGS OVER INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT PURCHASE.