This is a DO-IT-YOURSELF Kit to make MULTIPLE batches of your own, non-toxic bug spray.
Creepy-crawlies everywhere! While there is NO perfect way to protect yourself from ticks and insects, ticks are particularly difficult to avoid since commercial repellents (like DEET) don’t work well. We suggest using essential oils to help deter ticks and while there are many recipes that may be helpful, we added one below for guidance. We suggest that you try different combinations of oils since there is no perfect science in keeping ticks away. Be aware: this is to be use on CLOTHING, NOT directly on your skin!!!
Our Bug and Tick Spray Repellent Kit includes:
- 30 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 30 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 30 drops Citronella Essential Oil
- 30 drops Garlic or Eucalyptus Oil
- 1 glass, 4 oz, dark amber or blue spray bottle
Add your own:
- 1 ounce grain alcohol (NOT included in kit - use your own)
- 3 ounces distilled water (NOT included in kit - use your own)
- Fill a dark colored spray bottle with 1 ounce of grain alcohol.
- Add in the above essential oils.
- Screw on cap and shake or mix well.
- Fill with remaining 3 ounces of distilled water.
- Shake to mix well (shake before each use).
Spray on your clothing, pant legs, and shoes.
NOT for use directly on skin as it may be too strong for most people!