Liquid Zinc Assay, by Premier Research Labs, contains liquid zinc as zinc sulfate. This product is made using purified water - not filtered or tap water which may contain impurities that could potentially distort a zinc taste test.
- Highly absorbable Zinc (zinc Sulfate Heptahydrate)
Does Not Contain:
- activates T lymphocytes (T cells) to improve immune response
- treats diarrhea and prevent future bouts of the condition
- shortens the duration of common cold episodes
- maintains skin integrity and structure
- reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases
- prevents cellular damage in the retina
- increases sperm count in men
- reduces the presence of acne
- prevents/treats pneumonia
As an essential mineral for life, zinc plays a key role in many important physiological functions as well as providing important immune support.
Vegetarians may require up to 50 percent more than the recommended intake of zinc because of low bioavailability of zinc from plant-based foods.
Foods with the highest reported zinc content are:
- raw oysters (Pacific), 3 ounces: 14.1 milligrams
- beef, lean chuck roast, braised, 3 ounces: 7.0 milligrams
- baked beans, canned, ½ cup: 6.9 milligrams
- crab, King Alaskan, cooked, 3 ounces: 6.5 milligrams
- ground beef, lean, 3 ounces: 5.3 milligrams
- lobster, cooked, 3 ounces: 3.4 milligrams
- pork loin, lean, cooked, 3 ounces: 2.9 milligrams
- wild rice, cooked, ½ cup: 2.2 milligrams
- peas, green, cooked, 1 cup: 1.2 milligrams
- yogurt, plain, 8 ounces: 1.3 milligrams
- pecans, 1 ounces: 1.3 milligrams
- peanuts, dry roasted, 1 ounces: 0.9 milligrams
To use as a supplement, take 1 teaspoon in water or juice daily or as directed by a health professional.