Why we are Juce Obsessed
Few ingredients in skin care have as much solid evidence as to their effectiveness as Vitamin C. A vital element in the production of collagen, vitamin C can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration, while offering antioxidant protection from photodamage.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, a more stable and bioavailable form of Vitamin C than the commonly used L-Ascorbic Acid found in most skin care products, provides the same benefits, without the risk of oxidation and irritation that is often associated with L-Ascorbic Acid.
- Hyaluronic Acid applied topically, increases hydration, improves elasticity and also reverses free radical damage, so it may have some benefit in protecting from UV damage. Bonus. Hyaluronic acid is one ingredient that works across the board. Every skin type, even oily, can benefit.
- Ferulic Acid is a good way to slow the signs thanks to its ability to fight free radicals and slow down the aging process caused by oxidation. Because it stabilises more problematic antioxidants such as the highly-oxidative vitamin C, it actually makes other skincare ingredients work even harder and last longer.
- Gota Kola has been shown to be utilized as an anti-aging herb. It has the potential to reduce skin breakdown by inhibiting the activity of some of the enzymes that can normally degrade the skin. Studies in skin cells showed that gotu kola, along with vitamins A, E, and C, stimulated the cells to make collagen. Since decreases in the amount of collagen in the skin are central to skin aging, these two effects suggest that gotu kola may work as an anti-aging agent by increasing the amount of collagen in the skin. Gotu kola may also work as an effective anti-aging ingredient by protecting DNA from ultraviolet light-induced damage and reducing inflammatory cells. After 8 weeks of using a topical combination containing the herbs gotu kola, vitamin C and ferulic acid, a study found improved skin density in women.
- Arginine is thought to work in three ways in the skin. First, studies demonstrate that arginine is a human growth hormone (HGH) enhancer. As you age, you produce substantially less hormones, including human growth hormone, HGH has been found to increase skin thickness due to heightened activity of fibroblasts. By stimulating the body to produce more HGH, arginine may help the skin look younger.Second, arginine functions as an antioxidant. As you all know, antioxidants work by fending off free radicals before they can damage DNA. Third, arginine may simply help with hydration within the skin. There is evidence that amino acids like arginine can bind to moisture in the skin and the environment. Lastly, there is evidence that arginine may speed the healing of skin cell damage and wounds.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that may be effective at reducing UV damage in skin. And vitamin E applied topically may help nourish and protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Put these powerful ingredients together with natural and organic ingredients, and you will indeed become obsessed with the JUCE.