Autoimmune diseases are common yet challenging to deal with. Prior to the formation of self-antibodies that define autoimmunity and cause destruction to various tissues in the body, a foreign entity (such as a pathogen) initiates the pathological immune response. If this response can be effectively quelled, the production of antibodies may be thwarted, thereby lowering the risk of the developing an autoimmune disease.
This unique formulation contains berberine, an alkaloid compound found in the roots, rhizomes, stems and bark of several plants commonly used in botanical and Chinese medicine. Berberine has long been recognized as an antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-parasitic compound. This formulation also includes Cat’s claw. This powerful herb has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes, which include anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects, as well as stimulation of the immune system. Maitake and Reishi medicinal mushroom extracts are excellent immune system complements that encourage T-Cell and Macrophage attack on invaders.
Acute LX is targeted nutrition for those concerned about contracting a biotoxin and those that feel they may have been acutely exposed. Although especially designed for bacteria, would also be a great supplement for other acute viral, mold and fungal infections.
Berberine (Berberis vulgaris): Berberine has demonstrat- ed significant activity against a wide variety of organisms including a broad spectrum of bacteria, yeasts, fungus and parasites. Its mechanism of action is thought to result in part from its characteristic structure, which is that of a planar cationic molecule. This structural arrangement enables it to intercalate the DNA structure. (1)
Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa): Cat’s Claw, also known as the “life-giving vine of Peru,”“saventaro,” or “uña de gato,” is indigenous to the Amazon rain forest and other tropical areas of South and Central America. (2) Its alkaloids are purported to exhibit various pharmacologic activities, including anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antioxidant, immune-stimulating, anti-rheumatic, and antineoplastic properties. (3,4) It has been reported to possibly benefit those with autoimmune arthritis as well. (5)
Maitake and Reishi Mushroom extracts (Grifola frondosa and Ganoderma lucidum): Mushroom polysaccharides elicit an immune-modulatory response with impact on the expression of cytokines IL-1α, IL-6, IL-10 and TNF-α in human macrophages with and without LPS stimulation. (6)
We utilize a hot water extraction for the increased anti-oxidant properties as hot-water extracts show high scavenging ability on superoxide anions. (7)
1 capsule can be taken three times per day with or without food.
1. Jennings BR, Ridler PJ. Interaction of chromosomal stains with DNA. An electrofluorescence study. Biophys Struct Mech. 1983;10(1-2):71-9.
2. Altitudinal variation of berberine, total phenolics and flavanoid content in Thalictrum foliolosum and their correlation with antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, 9(3), 169-176. Doi: 0.1016/j. jaim.2017.02.010
3. Zhang, D., Ke, L., Ni, Z., Chen, Y., Zhang, L. H., Zhu, S. H., ... Shi, Y. Q. (2017). Berberine containing quadruple therapy for initial Helicobacter pylori eradication: An open-label randomized phase IV trial. Medicine, 96(32). doi:10.1097/MD.0000000000007697
4. Keplinger K, Laus G, Wurm M et al. Uncaria tomentosa (Willd.) DC. Ethno-medicinal use and new pharmacological, toxicological and botanical results. J Ethnopharmaco, 1999; 64:23–34.
5. Herbal medicines: a guide for health-care professionals. http://hhmicromedex01:81/hcs/librarian/PFPUI/2dleUVoy2UKCTRA
6. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicines. Herbs at a glance. Cat’s claw. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/cat- claw/#uses
7. Dudics S, Langan D, Meka RR, et al. Natural Products for the Treatment of Autoimmune Arthritis: Their Mechanisms of Action, Targeted Delivery, and Interplay with the Host Microbiome. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19(9):2508. Published 2018 Aug 24. doi:10.3390/i- jms19092508
8. Mallard B, Leach DN, Wohlmuth H, Tiralongo J. Synergistic immuno-modulatory activity in human macrophages of a medicinal mushroom formulation consisting of Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake. PLoS One. 2019;14(11):e0224740. Published 2019 Nov 7. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0224740
9. Yeh JY, Hsieh LH, Wu KT, Tsai CF. Antioxidant properties and antioxidant compounds of various extracts from the edible basidio- mycete Grifola frondosa (Maitake). Molecules. 2011;16(4):3197–3211. Published 2011 Apr 15. doi:10.3390/molecules16043197