- Commercial deodorant's long list of chemical ingredients – which include aluminum, phthalates, formaldehyde, parabens and even pesticides, is scary enough, but the concerns around putting these toxins on our skin is compounded by the belief that applying chemicals topically may actually be worse than eating them, because they enter the bloodstream without any filtering.
- The side effects of these chemicals include hormone disruption, cancer, Alzheimer’s, antibiotic resistant bacteria, allergies, skin irritation, weight gain, inflammatory responses, thyroid dysfunction and more!
- Did you know not everyone needs deodorant – a lucky few don’t actually produce any armpit odor and so don’t require deodorant – yet 75% of these people still wear it!
- Antiperspirants don’t work – despite being laden with chemicals, these products don’t even live up to their name. The FDA only requires that a brand reduce sweat by 20% in order to claim it provides ‘all day protection’, while ‘extra strength’ products need only cause a 30% reduction in dampness!
- Sweating is healthy – perhaps the most important reason to avoid antiperspirant is because our bodies need to sweat in order to stay cool, eliminate toxins and support proper immune function. After all, we’re born with between two million and four million sweat glands for a reason!
- The reason your sweat smells is because the bacteria living in your armpits break down lipids and amino acids found in your sweat into substances that have a distinct odor. Antiperspirants address this problem using antimicrobial agents to kill bacteria and other ingredients such as aluminum that block your sweat glands. However, separate research has revealed antiperspirants affect the bacterial balance in your armpits, leading to an even more foul-smelling sweat problem.
- In some cases, you MUST give yourself a month to adjust to a natural deodorant. When choosing one, check the ingredients. The most effective ones contain arrowroot or tapioca - ideally containing an absorber such as clay or charcoal. Some of the so-called natural deodorants are gel-like and contain propylene glycol - which frankly do not work. Your body is detoxifying and adjusting to a different pH which can take a while to adapt. BE PATIENT. YOUR HEALTH DEPENDS ON IT.
Organic, Toxin-Free Ingredients
Distilled water, bentonite clay, kaolin clay, vegetable glycerin, calendula-infused sunflower oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, matcha green tea, Vitamin E, grapefruit seed extract; cilantro, lemon myrtle, rosemary & juniper therapeutic·grade essential oils; 1% phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid.
DirectionsApply Pit-To Underarm Detox Paste with fingers to each underarm in a thin layer. Leave on for 15·20 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Use for seven days in a row. Follow with a completely·natural deodorant.
CAUTION: Armpits may be red for up to an hour afterwards. This is normal and will subside. If prolonged irritation develops, discontinue use immediately. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. Pregnant women should consult healthcare provider before use.
Keep cover tightly on jar. If product dries out, add a little distilled water and stir thouroughly with a wooden popsicle stick or wooden spoon. Do do use metal spoon to stir product.