Training, competition, travel, environmental factors, and lack of turnout combined with age, diet, and stress level may present challenges to the immune system in any season. Some horses may react to those challenges by exhibiting subtle or not-so-subtle changes in behavior, depending on the temperament, personality, and or management of the animal.
Equine Immune Support from Standard Process encourages and supports the innate and adaptive immune response that is necessary for the health, performance, and stamina of the horse. The formula includes an array of ingredients derived from functional foods that may support:*
- Immune-cell signaling
- Antioxidant activities
- Cell integrity*
Indications for Use
- Horses with limited turnout
- Horses under bouts of stress
- Horses enduring environmental changes
- Traveling horses
- Horses experiencing a change in routine
L-glutamine, turmeric, mushrooms, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D, and yeast cultures† (Saccharomyces boulardii)
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
1/4 cup (30 g)/1,000 lb. horse/day, or as directed.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.